This article contains a step-by-step process for installing the Commotion software on TP-Link routers. If you have a new, in-the-box TP-Link device, this guide is for you.
TP-LINK is a Chinese manufacturer of networking products including routers, switches, routers, wireless routers, 3G modems and network adapters etc. Most of the time when you have a TP-LINK router you do not require a modem because of its combo of modem and Router.
Requirements for setup TP-Link Router:
- A PC with an Ethernet port.
- The TP-Link router and its power supply Adapters .
- One Ethernet cable.
- An Internet connection.
Configuration of TP-Link Wireless Router:
- Turn off your router and computer.
- Connect your router to the WAN port of the TP-Link router via an Ethernet cable.
- Power on your router and computer.
- Now open your Internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 to access the TP-Link router configuration page.
- Now you can enable your wireless router and follow the setup.
- Please setup SSID (network name) and the network key (password) as you wish.
- After you setup please Save all the settings and reboot your router.
- Now you can access the internet wirelessly
- Make sure You Reboot Your TP-Link router and Computer after TP-Link setup.
2. Please Remember its combo device (modem router) so please Do not reset it again and again.